The Perfectionists

The Perfectionists - Sara Shepard

Julie, Parker, Ava, Caitlin, and Mackenzie have all been treated horribly by Nolan Hotchkiss, a rich and popular boy at their school. When they discover this common bond between them, they decide to plot the perfect murder to get their revenge. Not that they plan on actually murdering him. It's just a prank. Or it was until he actually ends up dead in the exact way they planned. Now the girls have to find the actual killer or their lives are over.

The Perfectionists is very similar to Pretty Little Liars, another series by Sara Shepard. A group of girls with a bunch of secrets are tied together by a murder and must work together to find a secret enemy so that their lives aren't ruined. If you liked Pretty Little Liars and want more books like that, this one is a good bet. And this series is only supposed to be two books long which helps the plot move along faster.

I like the main group of girls here a bit more than the PLL girls, particularly Julie and Parker. The girls are a bit more diverse. Much like in PLL, each girl comes from a different family situation and has her own problems that only get worse once the murder occurs. The girls felt more real to me here.

The Perfectionists was a fun, easy read. I'm looking forward to seeing how it all ends.