Rat Queens, Vol. 3: Demons

Rat Queens Volume 3: Demons - Kurtis J. Wiebe

Volume 3 of Rat Queens lacked the charm of the previous two books. It was by no means a bad book. It just was a letdown after the first two. I think part of that was the change in art. This book seemed to have an increased focus on the boobs and butts of the female characters. I don't remember that being the case with the first two books. Several of the characters were drastically different in physical design from the first two books to the point where if I had been shown panels from this book prior to reading it, I don't think I would have recognized some of them.

Of the four main characters, only Betty remained as lovable as ever. Violet had plenty of great moments that made me laugh, but I didn't quite connect with her as I had before. Hannah and Dee were the hardest to enjoy though. I adored the two of them in the first book, but I just felt distant from them in this book, which shouldn't be the case when they both had some emotional events going on for them, particularly Hannah.

At the end of the book was a quick story about Braga's past and why she left her family. It was a nice story that gave some depth to her and made me miss her presence in the main tale.

I still like Rat Queens. I just can't say I love it like I could before. But I'm hoping I can get back there.