Destroy Me

Destroy Me - Tahereh Mafi

Well, I was right about this book, which is both good and bad. I was right that a story told from Warner's point of view where he has to balance his obsession with Juliette with controlling his men would be more interesting than Juliette's story was. I was also right that if Warner were to get a story from his perspective, the story would work to redeem him, which is unfortunate.

In this novella, we learn that Warner is way more noble than Juliette thought. The man Warner shot in front of Juliette? A wife beater whom Warner shot to save the man's family from. All the times he forced her to spend time with him? He thought she genuinely liked their time together.

While I think there's still potential to keep him the obsessed stalker who doesn't realize how creepy his actions come across, I can't help but worry that the story will go for total redemption of Warner so that he comes across as super awesome and not creepy at all. It's really Juliette's reaction to this information that will determine what route the story is going to take, so I guess I'll just have to wait and see.