Cards in hand: cat, robot, scottie dog
6/28/20 Roll 11:
15. Read a book with a tree (or trees) on the cover, or that is set in a mountain community.
6/27/20 Roll 10:
6/26/20 Roll 9:
12. Robot: Roll again & hold card to play later; create a numbered list of ten books, and let a random number generator pick for you.
29. Scottie dog: Roll again & hold card to play later; post a list or poll of 4 books, and ask your fellow players/followers to "fetch" you a book.
Passed Go, so $5.00
1. Read a book that appears on any school related "summer reading list," or that is identified as YA or Middle Grade.
Book: It's YA and 421 pages. That's $5.00.
6/24/20 Roll 8:
Passed Go, so $5.00.
6. Read a book set in your home town, state, or country or that you checked out of your local library or that has been on your (physical) bookshelves since last summer.
Book: I checked this out from my library. It's 304 pages, so that's $3.00.
6/17/20 Roll 7:
32. The Nordic Express: Read a book set in one of the Nordic countries, or by an author from any of those countries. (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden)
6/16/20 Roll 6:
24. BL square
6/4/20 Roll 5:
31. BL square
36. Read a book that involves travel to Europe, or that has an image of any European city or monument on the cover, or that the letters of the title can spell the name of any European city* that I visited on my trip *Paris, Amsterdam, Munich, Geneva, Rome, Florence, Venice & Barcelona.
Book: 'Paris' can be spelled using the letters of the title. It's 442 pages, so that's $5.00.
Passed Go, so $5.00
9. Read a book that includes a visit to a museum, a concert, a library, or a park, or that the authors name begins with one of the letters in R-E-L-A-X.
Book: The author's first name begins with an 'A'. The book's 309 pages, so that's $3.00.
14. The Patagonia Star: Read a book set in Central or South America, or by an author from any country in Central or South America.
Book: The author is from Ecuador. The book is 347 pages, so that's $3.00.
6/2/20 Roll 4:
21. The cat: Roll again & hold card to play later; be the cat. Read whatever the hell you want.
26. How? Read a book that is science fiction or a book with the word "how" in the title.
Book: Anthology with half of the stories being sci-fi. For some reason, I had thought they were all going to be sci-fi. The sci-fi stories were the longer ones and the name of the book comes from one of them (although surprisingly the cover art is for a different one of the sci-fi stories). 154 pages, so $2.00.
5/30/20 Roll 3:
19. Read a book with a cover that is more than 50% blue, or by an author whose first or last name begins with any letter in the word L-A-K-E.
5/29/20 Roll 2:
13. Read a book with sunglasses, swimsuit or other beachy items on the cover, or that has a cover that is more than 50% yellow.
Book: The cover has sunglasses. It has 267 pages, so $3.00.
5/25/20 Roll 1:
5. The Silk Road: Read a book set in any of the 40 countries along with the Silk Road, or by an author from any of those countries.